Monday, June 20, 2005

 

Back at it

Ok so here is the new setup. I didn't try the variable light dimmer, just a simple current limiting resistor value. The pics were taken with a fresh battery, weighing in at 4.0V. with one 10.5Ohm resistor for the dim setting. And three resistor to get 3.7Ohm for the bright setting. That should correspond to about 8mA and 24mA, respectively, for each LED. Disclaimer, this is not the "proper" way to power/current limit LEDs, you should have high voltage and a chain of LEDs in series, or my current setup with a resistor for each LED. I plan on doing the latter later, when I have access to PCD prototyping equipment.

I think the dim looks best close up, and bright farther away. The room was well lit and the camera fairly still. What do you think?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?